Picking a politician to support is like trying to decide whether you want to rent your apartment to a crack addict or a raging alcoholic. No matter which one you choose, it’s going to cost you money, it’s going to leave a mess, and it’s probably going to end in sorrow. Granted, you do occasionally have a Ronald Reagan type who shocks you by paying his rent on time, keeping the place clean, and putting a fresh coat of paint on the walls before he leaves, but that’s not typical for politicians. What is typical is choosing between the lesser of two evils in D.C. So, if that’s the situation you find yourself in, let’s talk about why your evil of choice should be Republican instead of Democrat!
1) We Need Checks and Balances: America desperately needs more Republicans in D.C. to keep Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid from continuing to implement their extremist left-wing agenda.
2) Restraining Spending: The GOP wasn’t fiscally responsible under Bush. You know it, I know it, we all know it. However, we also know the Democrats weren’t fiscally responsible under Bush either and since Obama got into office, they’ve gone completely out of control.
3) Ending the Uncertainty Created by Government is a Key to Economic Recovery: Republicans have a different vision of how to help the economy. They favor low taxes, fiscal responsibility from the government, free market principles, cutting regulations, and ending the uncertainty created by wildly fluctuating government policies. Given how poorly the economy has fared with the Democrats in charge, doesn’t it make sense to give the Republicans a shot at it?
4) Repealing Health Care Reform Before It’s Too Late: Obamacare will destroy the quality of health care in America, eventually lead to a complete government takeover of the health care industry, cause the deficit to explode, lead to rationing, death panels, and government funded abortions. The good news is that it’s still possible to stop health care reform.
5) Fighting Massive Corruption: Capitol Hill has become riddled with corruption and scandals since Obama got into office. Charles Rangel has tax issues. Maxine Waters is about to go in front of the ethics committee. Eric Massa has resigned from Congress in disgrace.
6) You’ve Got to Punish Bad Behavior or You Get More of It: Politicians are like children. They will get away with as much as they can, as often as they can. That’s why the voters have to set rules, boundaries, and limitations for them. Given how unpopular their agenda has been and how arrogant the Democrats have been as they’ve pushed it through over the concerns of the American people, if the Democrats aren’t going to get a spanking this November, then the American people may as well give up on the idea of disciplining them.